Friday, April 25, 2025

Roses

My pink rose
The sudden fluctuation of temp from 32 degrees to 8 degrees the past week has done something strange to the roses. They've produced enormous blooms. Not just min growing in pots but everywhere else as well. Each flower is larger than a fist. Amazing. But the scorching sandstorm right now dries up the delicate petals and most end up scorched by evening. What a pity.

However there are numerous blooms that come up nightly so this month will be a rose month!

My red roses
Yesterday was Holocaust Day and the sirens sounded at 10.30am I think.  I was deep in the library which is quite insulated from noise outside. But I did hear something. Next week will be Remembrance Day followed by Independence Day so lots of celebrations in the country. I guess my operation will be done after those feasts.

The papal elections will soon take place after funeral and burial. While there's lots of excitement and speculation, the important thing is to think about the good of the universal Church and not national pride. I have 3 classmates who are cardinals at the conclave ... and frankly I pray they are spared the burden of responsibility of the papacy.