![]() |
| inside the confessional |
Meantime the flowers and trees are enjoying the warmth. Most of the Spring flowers are out and strawberries are abundant. I think fruit and vegetables will cost less because of this wet and cold winter. We need prices to come down as the cost of living is skyrocketing.
Ramadan began a night ago. The canon fired 7 times when the new moon was sighted. There were scuffles at the Al Aqsa mosque entrance when some young worshippers were refused entry. Luckily last night no incident took place. Police have stepped up checks at all the City Gates. Palm Plaza and Damascus Gate was empty as a huge contingent of police shooed away everyone except those going home. I have never seen such an empty, sad Ramadan.
I sprained my ankle over the weekend and am hobbling slowly. Mobility is always a problem when you're old. I'm wearing anti-slip shoes as the paving stones are slippery from the heavy dew. This is the type of weather I associate with Holy Week. Confessions are on the rise and I'm moving around several churches in several cities to help hear confessions.
