 |
| Donuts this winter |
It's the weekend again. I'm glad we had several days of drizzle. Hopefully next week it'll rain again. It'll raise the Sea of Galilee levels again. And maybe stave off a drought next year.
Sr. Kolbe of the MC sisters in Bethlehem transferred to Amman last week. She hardly is able to walk anymore and the war and closure of Bethlehem had made it difficult for her to have medical treatment. So once the border was partially opened, she was brought out to Jerusalem and transported to Amman where there are more sisters to care for her. We wish her all the best in her retiring years.
 |
| Our local Catholic hospital |
The hospital dietician has put me on a new diet to to reduce my cholesterol and diabetes. It's more meals than I usually take but less in amount. I'm allowed rice once a day but only 1 cup. No sugary foods and sodas and fruit juices. That means no winter donuts which I saw in our 24 hr bakery. Dinner is vegetable soup. Because of the frequency of meals, I don't actually feel hungry despite the small portions. I have 2 months to bring my cholesterol and blood sugar down. Tomorrow is another appointment with the cardiologist. Because my insurance covers my heart tests but in a different hospital quite far away and I have to wait in line, I prefer to do it at our local Catholic hospital. Less hassle, it's closer to home, but I have to pay 250 shekels. I guess it's worth it considering the transport fare I'd need to pay to get the insurance hospital.