I'n trying my best to rest from the unusual events that required my attention. My feet are extra swollen and I've lost a lot of appetite due to exhaustion. But the good news is that our Chinese migrant worker who has injured has been recovering well. Thanks for your prayers. He's able to stand wobbly for a few seconds and he has gained a little appetite. He's still attached to a machine that draws out blood from his lungs though. Thank goodness for some friends coming up here ... they've volunteered to bring some medicines for him. That'll be a great help.
It's 2 days to the feast of St. Francis of Assisi. I'm taking time off to rest and renew this season of Franciscan celebration. No class. Instead I'm asking all my students to watch the film "Bother Sun Sister Moon" in lieu of class. A Zefferilli classic made in 1972 with his typical fantastic cinematography, its simple beauty will touch you. Filmed in Assisi with a great cast (Alec Guiness as Pope Honorius) and music by Donovan. I think you can find it on Youtube or whatever media. I'll be posting some clips to whet your appetite.
(Francis before the Pope 1/2)