Saturday, October 29, 2022

Home

With a pressure band
 I'm recovering well, I think, after the medical intervention. The right arm is still bruised and hurts when I sleep. And yesterday I tried to clean the floor but had a sharp pain in the chest. I just cannot strain to do anything. People are telling me it might take even 2 weeks for me to recover. I'll have to be patient.

Foodwise it's congee and fish, everyday and every meal. I'm still not sure what I can and cannot eat as all the instructions are in hebrew. I can't get my doc to translate it as I'm mostly confined in bed all week. And there're 6 tablets to be taken every morning. Most are blood thinners so I was warned not to cut myself as it'll be difficult to heal. 

Anyway the hospital is famed for its cardiology so I wasn't too worried. The cardiologist is an experienced christian whom everyone from muslim to jew praised as the best in the country. The entire procedure which took an hour and a half (instead of three as predicted) under local sedation on the arm ... and no painkillers after the operation. As someone told me ... israelis are tough and they treated me as one. It was a surreal experience to feel needles, sires, fluids going around my body while the doc kept talking to me. We switched between arabic and english so I was constantly kept alert throughout the procedure.

Now it's time for recuperation and sorting a new lifestyle as in food, exercise and less stress. And everyone is saying I've been overworked. Well ... I'll have to survive this week first to see what comes next.