 |
Miss Bird busy with her pen |
Saturday saw 5 stabbing attacks in various cities around the country ... but none in Jerusalem. Security was less stringent but still substantial in and out of the Old City. Towards the south between the arab village of Jebel Mukkaber and the jewish settlement of Armon HaNatziv a separation wall was erected ... adding to the wall further south in Bethlehem. It was the prefect excuse Israel was looking for to lengthen the wall and cut off southern Palestine from northern Palestine. The arabs, by their rash acts of violence, have only helped to tighten the noose round their own necks.
Right now we're getting news of a shooting and stabbing at Beersheba's central bus station. 5 wounded, assailant killed.
Well, my 2 live-in friends are good diversions from the problems outside in the streets: Miss Bird and Buddy. There's a growing rivalry and jealousy between them, both trying to get my attention. But when I give both some TLC, and free time to roam around my room, they're quiet and happy. Being from the parrot family, their very inquisitive and I need to supply both with lots of toys so they're kept busy.
 |
My flock of finches in Yossi's petshop |
All my finches are gone. Brought them to Yossi's shop for sale. 26 birds in the flock including 5 fledglings. It's too bad I get bullied by some authorities and forced to give up the birds ... because it's not even within their competence or authority. But some people are just born nasty and mean and petty.
My diarrhoea and asthma are better today. I might have to change medication as I seem to be getting used to the ones I'm taking - they're not working in other words.