Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Golan border closed

News flash last night that northeastern Golan was closed by the IDF and police because of the syrian war encroaching into the israeli border. This morning more news came in that the rebels were firing at Assad forces in Quneitra, practically a few km from the israeli border. It's definitely off limits to all non-military personnel now. Missile alarm sirens were going off in the Golan this morning too. Quneitra is the village where traditionally christians recall Saul (St. Paul) being blinded by a light and being converted to christianity. Syrian refugees will begin to flood the border with Israel in a bid to escape the war, and Israel has vowed not to let ISIS harm any syrian refugees at the border and will protect the syrian refugees militarily. Good show. In fact we never doubted that Israel is the only force in the world with the capability and will to end the ISIS problem.

Herod's Gate with light decorations
Back to internal affairs, Ramadan begins tomorrow and the IDF (Israel Defense Force or simply the army) is allowing 500 families from Gaza to worship at the Al Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem. And extra-ordinary move. And this besides a few thousand other families from various parts of the West Bank (Palestinian Territories). Why didn't the IDF allow just as many christians from the Territories or Gaza to come out during Christmas or Easter? I guess I shouldn't be asking too many questions. Things just simply are.

And I ran out of medication. My Telfast ended a few days ago and the cortisone ended yesterday. I was feeling good without asthma attacks so I thought I could go without it .... until this morning when a major attack started. Managed to keep it under control till later when the pharmacy opened and I bought my monthly stock of medication. The cortesone alone costs US$100 and lasts for 15 days.