Thursday, February 7, 2013

CNY round the corner

The past few days of cold wet weather has finally been broken by solid sunshine today. A very nice change despite the fact that we need the rain. And some very nice things have happened as well during this time - a very good friend has found a job despite very difficult circumstances; a sick friend recovered; a friend in desperation found hope ... I'm happy for them.

Gifts from the pack
Today a lovely package arrived full of gifts - TimTams, book, chinese couplets for the New Year, a Peanut calendar ... but what I really enjoyed were the newspapers that wrapped the package - all Sunday comics! Haven't seen these in umpteen years! Thanks!!

That was a great pick-me-up because the past few days have been horrid healthwise. The asthma has practically crippled me. Then there's the nausea and headache. Yesterday's fainting spell actually scared me ... I didn't think it could get that serious. But I still have to teach. So I float between illness and work. Hope this ends by the weekend ... after all it's the Chinese New Year.