| Demo in the streets |
There was a rare demonstration by arab students in the streets of East jerusalem several mornings ago. Israeli police in cars and horseback raced into the area to contain anything that got out of control. Apparently it's against drug traffickers who sold drugs to a student in a muslim school, who is now braindead due to an overdose. I only witnessed one other student demonstration - by primary school students who were advocating water conservation. Pretty impressive.
Thanks to Gigi, I'm in TimTam heaven!! Yes yes so my sugar level is hitting the skies ... but I think I deserve a break once in a while ... or as Syl said "A moment of pampering". I've been working non-stop for 18 straight days, with the occasional stomach cramps and serious diarrhea, and a slipped disc at L5. Managed to have a "normal" sleep only last night - 6 hours or so. No fever, but the cough and phlegm is still big time.
Came home and found myself with a new job - not exactly thrilled as it uprailed my original plans. Everyone has been congratulating me on this "promotion" but somehow I sense a conspiracy ... that being me as typically cynical. I'll have to give serious thought about this new job as I don't want to be stuck with something I can't handle or be happy with. I think it's a 3 year contract.
And ending off ... here's a pic of another vase of lilies on the bloom. Somehow I find them very captivating. They command the entire hall with its presence ... and fragrance. The guys at Leonardo's are simply the best at creating a classy ambiance that strikes a balance between subdued simplicity and exotic extravagance. Hmmm I kind of like the alliteration ....