Yesterday was exhausting because even though it was Saturday, I went back to work ... in fact up to 6pm. Returned home tired. But it was pretty hot as well, and with a mind still on working mode, I couldn't sleep. So I decided to take a sleeping pill to help me sleep ... which was too bad, because I didn't wake up at 4am to watch the 2nd part of the film on St. Giuseppe Moscati.
I was pretty annoyed with myself. I was looking forward to watching this fantastic film on the life of the Doctor of the Poor. So later in the afternoon when I had free time, I searched Youtube and guess what? I found it in 2 versions. There's an abridged version in 3 parts (about 30 minutes total) with english subtitles "Giuseppe Moscati - the healing love"; and the full film in 11 parts entitled "Giorgio Piromallo" (the friend turned enemy of the St. Moscati) in italian. The ending is a surprise ... believe me .... a BIG surprise/shock. You just have to watch it. Those of you who went to Naples and celebrated Mass at Gesu Nuovo Church where St. Moscati is buried (and all his personal items are exhibited), you'll recognise many of the places in the movie.
And talking about the Doctor Saint, this afternoon Khalil the cook baked an excellent cheesecake (1st time ever in our convent). I was terribly tempted and tried a small slice. Paid the price. Nausea, giddiness. Had to stay in bed most of the afternoon as a result. What would St. Moscati have said?
Yossi and his wife run a petshop in the New City and I sometimes go there to relax and watch the fish and birds and rabbits and hamsters. This morning I stopped by with Fr Marcello, and they told me everyone else who has canaries all complain that eggs are not hatching. So I'm not the only one suffering from a bad clutch. Something is wrong, perhaps in the weather. Canaries throughout Israel (as far as we know) are not breeding well. Frightening thought isn't it? Someone suggested that the earthquake is coming and the canaries can feel it.
St. Moscati, pray for us!